[IPython-dev] Updated build of trunk-dev available

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jan 18 00:33:14 CST 2010

Hey,

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Gökhan Sever <gokhansever@gmail.com> wrote:
> I always complain about this tab-completion issue, don't I ? :D IPython is a
> very complete and complex project to delve in to learn the nitty-gritty
> details of Python. Well I need to advance on my MSc degree first to be able
> to move on as a PhD student. That means, I will most likely keep my
> "complaining" "testing" and "feature-requesting" role for a while :)

No worries, this is actually very useful, and we appreciate it greatly.

> Here it comes all of the optional requirements installed except objc
> (Although I installed gcc-objc and libobjc):

No problem, objc really means the python bindings, which are normally
only available on OSX.  So you're fine.

> FAIL: Test that object's __del__ methods are called on exit.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/nose/case.py", line 182, in runTest
>     self.test(*self.arg)
>   File
> "/home/gsever/Desktop/python-repo/ipython-dev/IPython/testing/decorators.py",
> line 225, in skipper_func
>     return f(*args, **kwargs)
>   File
> "/home/gsever/Desktop/python-repo/ipython-dev/IPython/core/tests/test_run.py",
> line 160, in test_obj_del
>     tt.ipexec_validate(self.fname, 'object A deleted')
>   File
> "/home/gsever/Desktop/python-repo/ipython-dev/IPython/testing/tools.py",
> line 312, in ipexec_validate
>     nt.assert_equals(out.strip(), expected_out.strip())
> AssertionError: '\x1b[?1034hobject A deleted' != 'object A deleted'
>>>  raise self.failureException, \
>           (None or '%r != %r' % ('\x1b[?1034hobject A deleted', 'object A
> deleted'))

OK, I'm officially stumped.

I've run the tests on Ubuntu 32, Ubuntu64, Fedora11/64, OSX 10.6 and
Windows XP, and I can't reproduce this.

I'm downloading a Fedora12 ISO and will try to build a VirtualBox
installation of it, but if anyone beats me to the solution I'd be
grateful, as I need to switch gears to other pressing matters right
now.

Gokhan, in the meantime, just try to use this new ipython and let us
know in general use how it behaves, if things work well or not, etc.
File bugs at will :)  Any feedback is much appreciated.