[IPython-dev] Detecting GUI mainloop running in IPython

Sun Jul 25 16:12:16 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 02:05:07PM -0700, Brian Granger wrote:
>      Is there any way to find out if the GUI event loop is running through
>      the input hook at all?

>    Yes:
>    from IPython.lib import inputhook
>    inputhook.current_gui()

OK, but that's IPython-specific. It's an option for Mayavi, though.

>    Great.  I think we will need to wait until we have done the GUI
>    integration for the kernel/frontend before finalizing things, because
>    there, the GUI integration will be quite different.

Indeed. I guess that in the meantime I'll just do nothing, and if people
want to work with IPython 0.11, they should avoid calling mlab.show().

Thanks for your advice.

Gaël