[IPython-dev] Trunk in 100% test compliance

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Jul 27 14:21:16 CDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey Brian,
>
> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 8:07 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > When we fix this we will need to remove the IPython/gui and
> IPython/frontend
> > references in setup.py and MANIFEST as well.
>
> when you did the cleanup of dead code in trunk, where did you plan to
> have the new frontends live?  I figured we might have kept the
> top-level frontend/ directory, or did you have a new location for
> that?  There was some unmaintaned code there, but the new work by
> Evan, Gerardo and Omar was also going there, so we should find a good
> plan for that, so they can merge from trunk if they need to...

I did this yesterday and it is in trunk now:

http://github.com/ipython/ipython/commit/595fc3b996f891ecc1a1996c598d15e47e6aac67

But I did leave the top-level frontend directory with the qt subdirectory in
place.  Basically, it is organized like you expect.  In my previous email,
when I said IPython/frontend, I more mean "the appropriate things that used
to be in in IPython/frontend".  But yes, all the new stuff should still go
into frontend as expected.

> Cheers,

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics