[IPython-dev] Qt/Curses interfaces future: results of the weekend mini-sprint (or having fun with 0mq)

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Mar 23 18:21:53 CDT 2010

Chris,

> However, I"d like to see it embedded in my editor of choice (Peppy),
> which is written in wx, so it would be nice to have a wx version ready
> to embed.

"Embedding" in your favorite editor will be much easier.  But
"embedding" is probably a bad word for it because the actual kernel
(where user code is running) won't run in the same process.  The only
part of it that will be "embedded" in the editor process is a thin
communication layer that allows the editor to send code to the kernel,
get back stdout/stderr, output, etc.

But wx will definitely be high on everyones list for GUI support.

Brian E. Granger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Physics
bgranger@calpoly.edu
ellisonbg@gmail.com