[IPython-dev] Qt/Curses interfaces future: results of the weekend mini-sprint (or having fun with 0mq)

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Mar 23 20:00:08 CDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing that I don't think Fernando
> mentioned is that stdout/stderr and Out (displayhook) are all handled
> asynchronously AND broadcast to all users.

Yes, I forgot to mention this, good point!  It will be great to demo
this in a really async frontend so it's visible in real time instead
of using the finger on the return key as an idle timer :)

> PS: Fernando, do you notice that time.sleep(1) (which returns None)
> also triggers displayhook?  That is a bit odd.  Do we want to filter
> out None from the displayhook?

Absolutely, we forgot that.  I just pushed the commit that fixes it.