[IPython-dev] Bug with __del__methods on exit

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Oct 10 13:10:31 CDT 2010

On 10 October 2010 06:05, <ipython-dev-request@scipy.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the test case, it proved fairly tricky to track down.
> Could you try again with updated trunk?  I think I got it.  And thanks
> for the report!

Almost works. You dropped __builtin__ from the items to delete. The test
case works for me if I change that to __builtins__. I've committed this
change in ipy3-preparation (I know it's technically separate). If that
doesn't work in other cases, we could avoid deleting both __builtin__ and
__builtins__.

With __builtins__ protected, the same problem is resolved in my py3k
version, which now passes all the test suites it attempts, apart from
IPython.frontend (I'm a bit stuck with the pyzmq stuff).

I've removed the commented-out lines from ipy3-preparation, as you suggested
on my pull request.

Thanks,
Thomas