[IPython-dev] [matplotlib-devel] Uniform GUI support across matplotlib, ets and ipython

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Sep 4 18:30:54 CDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 3:30 AM, Hans Meine
<meine@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
> AFAICS, "fixing" would not necessarily mean to make any of the
> (rightfully) internal stuff public, but simply to support a
> non-polling (/battery-draining) way of integrating into an eventloop.
>
> That's certainly a sound requirement, which ZMQ might fail to meet
> today, but maybe not because it's inherently impossible given the
> design goals.

Yes, very good point, that's the right way to frame the question.  ZMQ
is a young project and it seems to be driven by a very receptive team
of developers, so I hope they can tackle this in future releases, and
that there's no fundamental reason that prevents it from working.

Regards