[IPython-dev] Pasting fix, unicode woes

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Sep 9 18:12:54 CDT 2010

On 9 September 2010 21:12, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> And hopefully we'll be able to get rid of
> old-style classes altogether at some point.

Can't stop the user typing them in, unfortunately ;-).

 Yes, once you install ipython,  a script called 'iptest' is installed
> that runs the entire test suite and tries to be smart about not
> running things for unmet dependencies.

Can this be run without installing? I'm working with ipython in a standard
directory, so as not to confuse versions. I did find you could get it via
"from IPython.testing import iptest", but then iptest.run_iptest() hangs in
the middle of testing (unless this is just a very slow test).

Thanks,
Thomas