[IPython-dev] [matplotlib-devel] IPython (new) + matplotlib report: happy news

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 14 19:39:14 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.root@ou.edu> wrote:

> Why not have an examples module that contains function calls to each
> example?  On the website, we can show the source code, but also say that one
> could just do:

The idea is to have the *actual code* pasted in your terminal, because
now we can easily edit complex multi-line examples directly in
ipython.  So it's not just a matter of seeing the figure results, but
mostly of having the actual source in your input buffer to play with.