[IPython-dev] Merging nk into trunk

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Sep 28 16:56:51 CDT 2010

Hey,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I was planning on trying to do the merge tomorrow if I can find a gap
>> in the day.
>>
>> Brian, you mentioned you had something you wanted to run in nk before
>> the merge, is that still the case?
>
> Yes, I need to make a few changes to support 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 pyzmq.  I
> should be able to get to that today, but we really should do that
> before it goes in.  I will ping you when it is in.

If you can't do it today, any strong reason why this can't be done
later in trunk itself?  It's just that tomorrow we'll be demoing and
installing it with a group of people, and I'd rather not get everyone
using a git branch that will soon go obsolete.  If we merge now, you
can make those changes later in trunk itself later tomorrow or
whenever works for you...

Basically I want to give people two constant things: what to pull from
(trunk) and what the name of the entry point is.  They still know it's
testing stages and that code will change, but I'd rather not get a
bunch of users on campus (many of whom may not be experienced with
git) having to change branches the day after they install it...

Thoughts?