[IPython-dev] IPython 0.10.1 release candidate up for final testing

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 29 12:39:48 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

while most of our recent energy has gone into all the zeromq-based
work for 0.11 (the code in trunk and the two GSoC projects), we
haven't abandoned the stable 0.10 series.  A lot of small bugfixes
have gone in, and recently Justin Riley, Satra Ghosh and Matthieu
Brucher have contributed Sun Grid Engine scheduling support for the
parallel computing machinery.

For those of you using the 0.10 series, here is a release candidate:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

Unless any problems are found with it, I will tag it as final and
release the otherwise identical code as 0.10.1 by next Monday (give or
take a day or two).

We'd appreciate testing feedback, and if anyone wants to do detailed
testing (for example a release manager for a distribution) but you
need more time, just let me know and we can wait a few extra days.

Regards,