[IPython-dev] Fancy quotes in code blocks in PDF docs

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Aug 21 07:45:58 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Kevin has spotted a problem with our (IPython's) PDF documentation. In
blocks of code embedded in the documentation, single quotes ' are getting
transformed into fancy quotes ’ for the PDF output. This messes up copying
and pasting code from the PDF file. I think it had been overlooked until now
because we usually use the HTML output, where the correct quotes are
preserved.

Sphinx people, is this a known issue? Is there a workaround to generate the
PDF without transforming the quotes?

Thanks,
Thomas