[IPython-dev] Announcing shrubbery

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 21 15:27:27 CDT 2011

Howdy,

first, many thanks to Grahame for this! I've forwarded your post to
matplotlib-dev, where I think there will also be a lot of interest.

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer@gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, if anyone's interested, I detailed the steps I took to
> install the qtconsole in Python 2 in Lion with the XCode 4 developer
> tools at https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Installing-the-IPython-qtconsole-in-Mac-OS-X.

Very useful, thanks! Though it would be worth noting that the EPD
alternative does exist for users who are OK with the prepackaging it
offers and the fact that they get PySide instead of PyQt.  While not
as robust as your solution, it may be an easier alternative for users
not too familiar with compilation machinery.

Thanks to everyone for making this info available, it will greatly
help newcomers!