[IPython-dev] Requiring distribute on Windows

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jun 24 14:23:23 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:52 AM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> I *have* figured out a way to catch this in the entry point itself
> using inspect, so we shouldn't have to depend on distribute, if this
> fix is acceptable:
>
> https://github.com/minrk/ipython/commit/ab437a4d476f7819cf47a5dbb5ee6d40f66a7958

It's not pretty, but seems tightly localized enough that it won't have
a big ripple effect, and hopefully post 0.11 we can spend some time
building the installation code to deploy ipython without requiring
either setuptools or distribute.

If we had a penny for every hour setuptools has cost us, we'd be rich :)