[IPython-dev] No newapp gui=osx option?

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud@gmail....
Sun Jun 26 02:41:21 CDT 2011

There's some behavior in the newapp configuration system I don't
entirely understand under Mac OS X.  The "%gui" magic seems to still
accept the "osx" GUI integration (although it's not in the docstring),
but it doesn't work in the command line "gui=xxx" option.  On the
other hand, "pylab=osx" does seem to work.  Some I'm confused as to
why the "gui" option has no osx choice, but pylab does.

This may not matter, as the macosx backend it matplotlib seems to work
fine regardless of the state of the gui magic, but it's a bit
confusing what exactly the point of the osx option is, in that case.

--
Erik Tollerud