[IPython-dev] Bug caused by commit 2ccc90d68ac01145ab97

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Fri Mar 4 16:38:56 CST 2011

On 4 March 2011 20:00, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson@bostream.nu>wrote:

> As things are now, using raw_input you should not receive any characters
> outside the current encoding because they will be converted to ? before
> being returned to raw_input.

OK, thanks. So, I think the sensible thing is to just do the test with
characters from the upper half of cp1252. I've tweaked the test to do that,
can you pull the update and test it again?

I think this means the test will fail on Windows if the code page is set to
something other than cp1252. I don't see an obvious way round that, I think
we'll just have to make a note that it's a known failure case. The actual
code should be correct for other code pages, just not the example in the
test.

Thanks,
Thomas