[IPython-dev] Prefiltering input - where and how?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Mar 12 18:37:49 CST 2011

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for explaining all that, Fernando - it's very useful. So am I right
> in thinking that the macro code should stay in prefilter, as it's dependent
> on the namespace? And that the static transformers in IPython.core.prefilter
> are redundant and can come out?

Yes, from where I stand, I think that's correct.  Keep in mind however
that this is both core and brittle, nasty code, so tiptoe carefully.
If you can think of a small test to add before making a significant
change that would help validate what you're about to do, by all means
do so.

Thanks again for tackling the hard stuff!