[IPython-dev] Multiple outputs per input line

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Sun Mar 13 17:30:30 CDT 2011

On 13 March 2011 22:17, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> output is a separate table, right?

Right.

I think I'm in favor of the input-id not being unique in the output
> table, and just returning a list (None if len 0, or the element if the
> list is length 1).

I would still return a list for a single item, because it makes the code
more consistent (e.g. you can do "\n".join(outputitems)). But if we go down
that route, I'll probably serialise the list as JSON and store it in single
rows - then the input and output tables can still be connected using SQL
join, rather than some fancy Python logic.

Thomas