[IPython-dev] notebook questions

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Tue Sep 20 17:30:41 CDT 2011

On 20 September 2011 22:56, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org>wrote:

> Of
> course, it's a tradeoff: you can put the cost on the developer, or on the
> user. Depending on your target audience and the size of your development

team, you choose the right compromise in the tradeoff space

I don't want to add fuel to the fire here, but I'd just like to mention that
I actually like markdown from a user perspective (I wasn't involved with
notebook development). Things like the link syntax feel more natural than
reST, and the option to use HTML tags is useful. It's also widely used on
popular websites, and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that casual users are
more familiar with it than they are with reST.

Thanks,
Thomas