[IPython-dev] IPython notebook support for NINJA-IDE

Damián Avila damianavila@gmail....
Wed Apr 4 21:34:47 CDT 2012

El 04/04/12 20:04, klo uo escribió:
> Yeah, it's so magnificent... what's the problem with launching browser
> outside your ide?
>
> I tried your ide even when one ninja jump on this regular ipython
> mailing list some time ago, but if you want audience you'll have to do
> more sane work than making humor name for your ide or even jumping on
> ipython dev mailing list
> it's so un-ninja move
>
> cheers
>

> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Damián Avila <damianavila@gmail.com
> <mailto:damianavila@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, guys...
>
>     This is a preview of a little project I have been working around...
>     IPython notebook support for NINJA-IDE!!! (yes, I like to embed
>     IPython into other places...jeje!)
>     Here you have a pic... I will post a link to a video later... and
>     the plugin will be available soon...
>
>     Regards.
>
>     Damián.
>     **

Dear Klo uo, take it easy... I think you have misinterpreted my
intentions...
Some clarifications:
First, I am not a developer of NINJA-IDE, they offer the possibility to
extend the NINJA features with plugins, so I am developing one... but I
am not affiliated with them, I develop financial models with python,
using IPython as my main tool.
Second, I have no problem with launching a browser outside the ide...
but if we could develop some deeper integration between IPython and
"any" IDE, it will be great (I know that a web-base IDE is the main
idea, but we can explore another alternatives...). The idea of bring
this plugin here is to start a discussion of how we could achieve this
integration in a better way (maybe some people would be interested in
this idea).
Third, today, in Google+, we have some informal discussion over the
integration of IPython with other resources... a thread was opened today
covering some of those ideas ([IPython-dev] Embedding the HTML
notebook)... so because the problem of integration is better described
there, i have no posted again in this thread... because the problems are
common... so i want to avoid the overlapping...
Finally, there is no need to be sarcastic or rude, there are better ways
to communicate with other people.

If you have to communicate me some personal thoughts, you can e-mail
me... but if you want to discuss some issues regarding the integration
between IPython and other platforms, we can follow here or in the other
thread I have pointed out before.

Regards.

Damián.