[IPython-dev] IPython stats

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Aug 23 13:14:38 CDT 2012

Hey Thomas,

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought I'd just collate a few statistics on IPython's impact.
>
> Since we released 0.13 at the end of June, it has been downloaded from
> PyPI over 52 000 times, an average of around 1000 downloads per day.
> Of the 5400 downloads of Windows installers, 28% were for Python 3
> versions (we don't have a breakdown for other types of installation).

this is excellent, and very important, many thanks for doing it!
We're in the process of writing a new grant proposal, and having
numbers like these is very useful.  There's also the github downloads
page (https://github.com/ipython/ipython/downloads) with another
~10,000 or so downloads.  I don't know if there's a way to
auto-collect those and to get per-day stats.