[IPython-dev] migration issues, embedding latest IPython in another application

Mike Hansen mhansen@gmail....
Mon Aug 27 17:11:07 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:25 AM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> embed was implemented before the singleton stuff came together.  It probably
> should use instance(), but doing so has one disadvantage: It would break the
> ability to call embed() from within an existing IPython session.  I don't
> know if anyone cares about that use case, though.

In Sage, we create instances of InteractiveShellEmbed (different
prompts, etc.)  and run them from within an IPython session, but I
think this might not overlap with this case since we aren't calling
the "embed()" function.

--Mike