[IPython-dev] using the notebook for teaching?

Thu Dec 6 09:53:35 CST 2012

Le 6 déc. 2012 à 15:57, Emmanuelle Gouillart a écrit :

> Hi Matthias,
>
>>   If I remember correctly, EPD did make an exception for IPython and the
>>   0.13 version is already available with free EPD,
>
> OK, I got confused by http://www.enthought.com/products/epdlibraries.php
> that mentions Ipython 0.12 as the version shipped by EPD 7.3

Yes, this is because 0.12 is actually shipped when you install EPD 7.3 and IPython
is the only package that can be upgraded to 0.13. I don't think there a mentions anywhere
on EPD website that you can do that.

> It'd be great to meet for a drink soon with Gaël and Nelle! And maybe
> with Aron in January!

It'll be great !

Le 6 déc. 2012 à 16:28, W Gong a écrit :

> ipynb could be made more user-friendly, if new buttons are added to the tool bar,
> e.g. to add an youtube link, the button prompts for url or the code, then auto insert a cell:
>
> from IPython.display import YouTubeVideo
> YouTubeVideo('MTx6ha6fRwo')

This is doable in last master for quite some time.
http://elacave.lmdb.eu/~carreau/yui/classes/IPython.customjs.html

This is just not something that will be integrated in the core (IMHO).

--
Matthias