[IPython-dev] custom web notebook cells

Jason Grout jason-sage@creativetrax....
Tue Dec 18 06:52:35 CST 2012

On 12/18/12 5:41 AM, Nicholas Bollweg wrote:
> but obviously we need some "metadata" (not cell.metadata) in the code to
> remain robust to users doing interesting things.

What if you stored the limits of interesting character ranges in the
cell metadata when the cell is stored?  When the cell is instantiated,
you could mark the relevant ranges with the CodeMirror 3 markText
function so that the range is continually updated.  When the cell is
saved, you can update the cell metadata with the new ranges.

Thanks,

Jason