[IPython-dev] Should I still contribute to IPython ?

David Warde-Farley d.warde.farley@gmail....
Tue Dec 18 11:02:11 CST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know it probably sounds heretical, but I think that part of the
> solution has to be to reduce the number of issues.  I don't mean by
> closing issues by working harder and coding more, I mean simply
> *closing* them outright to reflect the reality that we are not going
> to work on them anytime soon.  There is no universe where it is useful
> to have thousands of issues.  How many can each developer
> realistically keep track of?  A few dozen?

Would additionally adding a "Someday" (slightly more diplomatic than
"When Hell Freezes Over") label help track those that were closed not
due to invalidity but due to lack of bandwidth?

Cheers,

David