[IPython-dev] Should we change the reply-to line on the lists?

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Feb 9 18:59:36 CST 2012

On 10 February 2012 00:41, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Note that the setting we're using is listed as "*strongly
> recommended*" (emphasis theirs) in the mailman interface and is the
> default.  I've just followed their advice for a long time, but I see
> problems cropping up again and again, thus I'm willing to revisit the
> question.

I don't administer any lists myself, but on most lists I reply to, replies
seem to go to the list. Maybe this is the default for google groups? For
myself, I'm ambivalent about it, as I'm used to doing reply-all now, but
people often get caught out.

Are non-members allowed to post to these lists? If we do change the
setting, people will answer questions directly to the list, so if the asker
isn't subscribed, they may never get a response.

Thomas