[IPython-dev] latex writer

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Fri Feb 17 23:05:34 CST 2012

Chris,

I am already writing a paper in this way.  Here is the simple latex
exporter that I have:

https://github.com/ellisonbg/sympy-qcpaper/blob/master/notebooks/exportlatex.py

Some changes that could be made:

* I would put the latex in plaintext cells instead of Markdown cells.
* Images could easily be exported into standalone files and the latex
for inclusion could be autogenerated.

But the script is super simple and should be quite easy to adapt to your needs.

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Chris Kees <cekees@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anybody considered developing a latex or pdf writer for the  notebook?
> I'm trying to finish a report, and it would be nice if i could just stick
> the entire notebook in the appendix. I was going to try
> \usepackage{pdfpages} (the notebook is about 20 pages so I can't include it
> as a floating figure), but then I noticed that none of my web browsers do a
> very good job generating a pdf of the  notebook.   -Chris

Brian E. Granger