[IPython-dev] Follow the notebook development on Google+

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 13 12:27:13 CST 2012

Hi Hans,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Hans Meine <hans_meine@gmx.net> wrote:
> I respect your choice of tools, but I just want to note that a Google account
> is a no-go for me (enough tracking already, and I do not want to be personally
> identified when using their search engine for… basically everything).

I happen to both use G+ and pretty much share your attitude: my
solution has been (for many years) to keep *two* firefox profiles
always open.  One does my general browsing, searching, etc, and the
other does my personal gmail account (and now google+).  Just an
idea...

In any case, we're using g+ mostly as a way to 'broadcast' snippets of
interest, any substantive development discussion will always take
place either on the mailing list or on the github page for a specific
issue or pull request.  You do not need to worry that IPython
development is 'moving' to google+, facebook, twitter or any other
such platform :)

Best,