[IPython-dev] Ace versus CodeMirror

John Fawcett fawce@quantopian....
Tue Jan 24 17:12:45 CST 2012

there is some precedence for the idea of using modes to enhance
concentration -
in creative writing circles there is a lot of hand-wringing about
technology being distracting, so there are a few editors that  use
minimalism to enhance concentration on the words. a great example:
http://www.iawriter.com/

but, ia is an entire company to creating a concentration mode for _plain
text only_... Maybe it is a good thing to suggest to CodeMirror as a
feature?