[IPython-dev] datavis with ipython notebook

Bartosz Telenczuk b.telenczuk@biologie.hu-berlin...
Fri Jan 27 15:35:04 CST 2012

I completely agree, it would be really nice to enable user interaction with the plots in notebooks. If I am not mistaken, Sage has also a similar feature.

I have played with dynamic plots in ipython notebook a bit. The idea is that I add some javascript to SVG generated from matlplotlib (based on an example from matplotlib website). It works well for me (in Firefox and Chrome), but the limitation is that currently one cannot feed the data based on user interaction back to the interpreter.

I attach my sample notebook for testting (when you click on one of text(!) labels: 'rabbit' or 'frog' some bars should disappear)

Bartosz