[IPython-dev] disabling history

Jason Grout jason-sage@creativetrax....
Sat Jul 21 09:47:33 CDT 2012

On 7/20/12 11:56 PM, MinRK wrote:

> I think this also might make sense, though there aren't significant
> advantages to using DummyDB over regular history with :memory:.

I was poking through the code a bit more, and found that the
parallel/controller directory implements a number of very nice database
backends for storing a history.  I know the controller architecture is
at a higher level than the interactiveshell history, but I'm curious how
you see the future of the history logging in the shell and the history
logging in the cluster controller.  Is history stored twice?  Is there a
chance the nice db backends in the controller class could be somehow
used by the interactiveshell?

Thanks,

Jason