[IPython-dev] MultiKernelManager vs. ipcluster

MinRK benjaminrk@gmail....
Tue Jun 5 00:21:00 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:16 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Jason Grout <jason-sage@creativetrax.com>
> wrote:
> > If the code looks interesting to you guys, we hope to
> > submit a pull request for relevant parts.  We're trying to do this in a
> > way that would be useful to the larger community as well.
>
> That would be great.  The more we can find ways of making the core
> code modular and reusable for related (but not identical) use cases
> like this, the more we all win in the end.

Yes, and we have already had great success with new uses for existing code
twice before:

Paul Ivanov's vim-ipython (the first kernel client after the QtConsole),
and the zmq terminal console both revealed various boundaries in the code
that needed to move, and the code in general is a lot better for it.

-MinRK