[IPython-dev] should we make nodb the default hub backend?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Jun 12 13:32:14 CDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM, MinRK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> PR Issued.

Great, thanks!  Will review soon.

> As for the difficulty of measuring size, it shouldn't be a problem in the
> Hub, because all the data is just raw buffers, not unserialized Python
> objects.  So we can just use `len` as an accurate measure.

Ah, that's excellent news.  For 0.14 we could come up with a smarter
cache expiration policy that uses a combination of history age and
memory pressure, then.  But let's not rock the boat too much for now,
I think this is as good as we need for release.

Best,