[IPython-dev] An idea for `iypthon notebook` server CTRL+C (^C)

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Thu Jun 14 05:24:24 CDT 2012

On 14 June 2012 10:50, Flubber <flubberhk90@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am aware of that, I just expressed my opinion regarding the words said
> in the YouTube video that ^C (CTRL+C) in terminal will generate a Keyboard
> Interrupt thus closing the server. The speaker clearly specified that this
> will be handled in the future and at current time (in video at conference)
> isn't fixed. So, I thought to give you guys and idea to try and spawn the
> process similar to "ipython notebook &" and maybe redirect the stdout
> output to a log or similarly.

I think you're confused about this - we *want* Ctrl+C in the terminal to
shut the server down. It's not a bug. At present it's the simplest way to
stop the server.

If we didn't want that, it would be easy to catch the exception and keep
the server running.

Thanks,
Thomas

P.S. If you want to reply, please send it to the mailing list, rather than
me personally: ipython-dev@scipy.org