[IPython-dev] Let's get 0.13 released...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jun 15 17:13:29 CDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Julian Taylor
<jtaylor.debian@googlemail.com> wrote:
> sorting this out should be a critical blocker for 0.13.
> It can't be packaged in debian, ubuntu, fedora and likely most other
> distributions following free software guidelines in the current state.
> A binary blob and no mean to determine where to get the correct
> un-obfuscated source from is a no-go.

Ouch.  OK, let's have a blocker issue opened on this then.  Obviously
not much point in releasing 0.13 if we can't make it into any distro.

It shouldn't be too hard to determine which version we're using by
comparing against a git tree.