[IPython-dev] IPython 0.13 first beta is ready!

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 18 01:43:16 CDT 2012

Hi folks,

we've just uploaded the first beta of the upcoming IPython 0.13 release:

http://archive.ipython.org/testing/0.13.beta1/

There are a ton of new features and improvements that we'll detail
later once we have a chance to write up some clean release notes.

For now, we'd appreciate if you let us know of any problems you
encounter with this beta; the best way to report is by filing an issue
in our tracker:

http://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/

but we welcome feedback in any form.

If things go reasonably smoothly with this beta, we'll try to cut the
first RC by the end of next week.  We'll see how many RCs are required
based on the amount of issue reports we get, so by all means beat up
on this and let us know what breaks.

In the meantime, we'll continue fixing things up and closing open
issues in master.

Many thanks to everyone who has contributed code for this release, and
esp. to several in our core team who jumped and did double-duty over
the last few days as I was somewhat offline.

ps - for reference, the beta was cut from commit e382085c (I didn't
bother to push a formal tag to the repo).