[IPython-dev] Why are notebooks no longer bound to cells?

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Tue Jun 19 01:35:00 CDT 2012

So Min has outlined the reason for this change.  But to answer your
other part, there is only one notebook instance on a page and you can
always get to it by doing:

IPython.notebook

In your JS.

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM, Dennis Sun <dlsun@stanford.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just pulled the latest development version of iPython, and I noticed that
> in the Javascript code, cells no longer contain a reference to the
> containing notebook. I had been using this attribute in the Javascript
> functions I was writing, so I was wondering: what was the reason for
> removing it, and now that it's gone, what is the best way to access the
> notebook object given a cell? (I had been using it in some AJAX calls where
> the context was the cell rather than the notebook.)
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Brian E. Granger