[IPython-dev] IPython AWS Extension

Carl Smith carl.input@gmail....
Sat Jun 30 13:49:16 CDT 2012

This is one of the things I'm looking at currently. I'm playing with having
an S2 based config that all instances for that user share. Then having a
magic for mounting volumes to the filesystem. On a new instance, you'd just
do something like

%aws -m myvol ~/carl

and it'd mount myvol and set it up to auto mount on reboot until/unless you
said not to.

This is going to be the approach for all new features I'm thinking.

This way users can edit the code and I can hopefully divide the feature set
into gists and get some help from IPython users that want low barrier to
entry, one file problems to play with.