[IPython-dev] ACE Editor Magic for IPython Notebook

Brian Granger ellisonbg@gmail....
Mon Nov 19 09:16:15 CST 2012

We do want the ability for users to edit other file types and I think we
should start there and add the %edit capability once that is done.  This
feature is large enough though that I think we need to do a IPEP for the
design work.  If you want to push this forward, can you start an IPEP:

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/IPython-Enhancement-Proposals-(IPEPs)

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Carl Smith <carl.input@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any pointers on how to go about doing this, and how
> difficult it'd be? Min??
>
> Ideally we'd have a generic JavaScript client that can be easily
> plumbed into any web app that wanted to act as some kind of front end.

Brian E. Granger