[IPython-dev] [IPython-User] IPEP 7: Notebook dependent frontends

Matthew Turk matthewturk@gmail....
Mon Nov 19 11:19:54 CST 2012

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matthew,
>
> If you just have JavaScript code that you want to plug into the notebook
> then that is already possible in the JavaScript plugins branch that is under
> review:
>
> https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/2518

This looks like it could do what we've been looking at -- I must have
missed this on the mailing list, and will investigate if it'll work.
This looks like it works with profiles, but is distribution of
profiles still a bit tricky?  (i.e., issue 1227)

> Or do you also have custom server side code as well?

No, we're going to scrap all the custom server side code for now;
mainly it was to pass large binary data directly into typed arrays on
the client.  It would be nice to be able to supply our own HTML
templates to have things load at startup, but I might be able to get
it to work just using JS plugins.  I'll have a go soon and write back
with questions.

-Matt