[IPython-dev] Notebook "execution engine"?

David Warde-Farley d.warde.farley@gmail....
Tue Nov 20 14:10:04 CST 2012

My perusal of the docs has failed me if this already exists, but as a
counterpart to nbstripout (in nbconvert), it seems like a useful utility to
have would be a way of executing notebooks in a "headless notebook" server,
with figures and other output being captured and dumped to a second, output
notebook. I'm thinking of use cases in buildbots and the like.

Am I right in assuming that the process of going from notebook file with
only inputs to notebook with inputs and outputs currently relies on there
being a browser in the loop?

David