[IPython-dev] Push cell contents to the notebook

Matthew Turk matthewturk@gmail....
Fri Oct 5 17:13:30 CDT 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 October 2012 22:31, Matthew Turk <matthewturk@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there a way to push cell contents to a notebook?  (Without
>> executing them.)  For instance, this would be useful for grabbing a
>> script from a pastebin and appending it as an additional cell.
>
> I think what you're after is the %load magic command. You can do this:
>
> %load http://example.com/12345/foo.py
>
> It also works with local files.

That's exactly what I was looking for.  I knew about loading local
files, but I didn't realize it could load remote files!  Thank you!

Also, I realized now I sent this to the developers' list instead of
the users' list -- apologies for that.

-Matt