[IPython-dev] IPython donations are now live

Bradley M. Froehle brad.froehle@gmail....
Mon Oct 22 17:44:37 CDT 2012

Wow! Great.
> Our donations are managed by the NumFOCUS (http://numfocus.org/) foundation, which passes 100% of your contribution to the IPython project. NumFOCUS is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation, so if you are subject to US Tax law, your contributions will be tax-deductible.

Is it really true that NumFOCUS isn't levying any fees?  Certainly they have expenses too... (bank accounts, lawyers, web hosting, etc).

Also I'm sure PayPal takes a cut of the total before it reaches NumFOCUS.

-Brad