[IPython-dev] Scipy central & IPython notebook.

Matthew Turk matthewturk@gmail....
Sun Sep 23 18:52:52 CDT 2012

[snip]

> Pylab-central could, for notebooks, simply embed (perhaps in an
> iframe) the nbviewer-rendered version of a notebook.  It will be up to
> the pylab central developers to decide whether they want to get into
> the business of hosting notebooks or they point to people's gists or
> full-fledged repos. nbviewer doesn't care where things are: as long as
> there's a public URL for an ipynb file, it can render it.

For what it's worth, in the yt project we have a data hub where
projects get listed and data uploaded for remote viz.  We just added a
notebook upload function, which accepts (like a pastebin, more than
like a forkable gist) a notebook file and then generates links to the
nbviewer from that upload.

-Matt