[IPython-dev] Scipy central & IPython notebook.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Sep 23 18:57:53 CDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Matthew Turk <matthewturk@gmail.com> wrote:

> For what it's worth, in the yt project we have a data hub where
> projects get listed and data uploaded for remote viz.  We just added a
> notebook upload function, which accepts (like a pastebin, more than
> like a forkable gist) a notebook file and then generates links to the
> nbviewer from that upload.

Excellent data point, and I think it reinforces my view: we want other
communities to take advantage of this resource, with a loose coupling
between them.  nbviewer should be a service, central to ipython itself
but also easy to weave into another project's workflow.  Obviously
other projects can decide to run *their own* nbviewer if they so
desire, but the main one at ipython should work well with minimal
coupling, as it seems to be doing for you guys.

Thanks a lot for this feedback!