[IPython-dev] Scipy central & IPython notebook.

Mon Sep 24 02:49:10 CDT 2012

Le 24 sept. 2012 à 01:13, Fernando Perez a écrit :

> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> From my perspective, nbviewer is a poor name for this. The focus
>> should be on the content (scientific Python example code), not the
>> tools (the notebook). Within that, we can promote the Notebook, but
>> naming the site after it would be putting the cart before the horse.
>
> Jumping in a little late here...  Here's my perspective on this:
> IPython is an important piece of the pylab ecosystem, and as I argued
> vociferously on the scipy-user discussion, I think the notebook should
> play an even more prominent role in there.  But it's also very
> important to keep this in mind: ipython and the notebook are also used
> by, and important to, communities that have nothing to do at all with
> scientific work.
>
> And in the spirit of pylab being a federation of collaborating
> projects, I think the right solution here is to find a way for say
> 'pylab-central' (were it to exist) to use something *like* nbviewer,
> or nbviewer itself, but without having to tightly couple it to pylab
> central, so that it can be equally used by other projects and
> communities that don't have scientific uses in mind.
>
> Pylab-central could, for notebooks, simply embed (perhaps in an
> iframe) the nbviewer-rendered version of a notebook.

Certainly not as is !
Nbviewer embed remote javascript which would be high security risk for any website
or user that **trust** ipython.org

This is one of the reason that I'm reluctant to add github (or other) authentication on nbviewer.
The day we add something like that to nbviewer of if so embed it in another website without proper
care, it is the golden goose for anyone that want to do javascript injection.

In the long term it would be nice to have an api.nbviewer.ipython.org that serve something clean,
but I just don't want people to try this kind of things for now.
--
Matthias