[IPython-dev] idea "native" ipython notebook

Thomas Kluyver takowl@gmail....
Mon Apr 8 11:20:16 CDT 2013

On 8 April 2013 16:01, Angus McMorland <amcmorl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ubuntu's Unity has a webapp framework [1] that sounds like it provides
> a few of these features:
>  - clickable icons
>  - opening in a separate window
>  - menu and notification handler integration

I had a look a few weeks ago at using this to export our menu structure to
Unity, but unfortunately it seems to be broken at present. I'm hoping it's
fixed in raring.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-chromium-extension/+bug/1081305

More generally, all of the webapp containers that I've come across
(Unity's, Chrome's, Fogger, Mozilla Prism), assume that the server is
already running on the web. There's no provision for starting or stopping a
local server. Chrome packaged apps are a bit different - they don't assume
that any server, remote or local, is running - but still have basically the
same problem.

Thomas