[IPython-dev] [ANN] IPython 1.0 is finally released, nearly 12 years in the making!

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 9 00:51:39 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 6:42 PM, Jon Wilson <jsw@fnal.gov> wrote:
> Hurrah!  Very well done.  Please allow me to extend my gratitude for
> such an excellent tool.  I have been evangelizing my colleagues in
> hep-ex, and gradually some of them are adopting IPython in their daily

Thanks for the kind words. Given that IPython was born as an excuse to
procrastinate off my "real work" on hep-lat, that is particularly nice to hear!

> work.  Soon, IPython will take over the world!

World domination, proceeding according to plan ;)

Best,