[IPython-dev] IPython authentication

Wojciech Daniło wojtek.danilo.ml@gmail....
Mon Feb 4 23:08:40 CST 2013

Hi!
I'm new to IPython, but this project seems like a very good "boilerplate"
for my custom project. I've read a lot of docs and looked at the source
code and I want to ask you if something I want to do with IPython is
possible.

I want to run a IPython Kernel on a machine. It will execute my batch
program. I want users to be able to connect to this kernel (locally or over
network) and execute Python code - everything so far is provided by IPython
i think.
The problem is, I want to know WHICH user executed the code, because I want
to make something like collaboration model - If one user executes a code -
lets say "draw line", I want this line t show in the second user GUI with a
tooltip, which user executed it.

Is it somehow possible? Could you give me any hints how to do it?

Thank you.