[IPython-dev] is markdown broken in latest ipython?

Jacob Vanderplas jakevdp@cs.washington....
Sat Jun 1 10:13:27 CDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Min RK <benjaminrk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do note that, as described in that issue, script tags in markdown cells
> will be completely disabled by IPython 1.0 (as opposed to master, where
> they are merely broken).

Came into this a bit late, sorry.  Can someone briefly clarify what's going
to be permitted with regard to javascript in IPython 1.0?

>From poking around on the mailing list & roadmap, it's clear that
javascript within markdown cells is going to be deprecated, with
replacement functionality deferred to the 2.0 release in December.  But
what about javascript within the IPython.display.Javascript() or
IPython.display.HTML() functions?  If security is the driving concern, it
seems that you could be just as malicious using these as you could using
markdown cells.

I guess my main question is: should I continue spending time on things like
Javascript animations [1], or will these become obsolete in July?
   Jake

[1]
http://jakevdp.github.io/blog/2013/05/19/a-javascript-viewer-for-matplotlib-animations/